QUICK CLIP: Collins’ Out-Of-State Cash Dash, “Teaming Up with South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham”
But Collins’ out-of-state fundraising blitz is just more proof to Mainers of how their Senator has lost touch with the people she’s supposed to serve. Here are the facts about Senator Collins’ fundraising:
- In the first quarter of 2019, Senator Collins raised less than 1 percent of her campaign cash from Mainers.
- Collins received five times more money from Texas oil and gas interests that quarter than from the entire state of Maine.
- She had her best fundraising quarter ever after voting against the interests of Mainers to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
- When she’s not fundraising out-of-state for her own re-election, Collins is using her leadership PAC that is also entirely funded by sources outside of Maine to spread money around to fellow Washington Republicans.
- And now, she’s joining forces with a top Trump ally to court yet more out-of-state donors.
- Despite the fact that Collins campaigned on limiting out-of-state money, she almost exclusively relies on it.