The Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee (SDCC), a full-time political organization dedicated to strengthening our Democratic majority in the Maine Senate, seeks Regional Field Directors to run an aggressive grassroots operation to help us protect and expand our majority in 2022. The Maine Senate was a top targeted chamber in 2020 and remains an important battleground in 2022.
Our Regional Field Directors will provide an essential on-the-ground presence for the SDCC and will serve as the face of the Senate Democrats in communities throughout the state of Maine.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly with multiple State Senate candidates
- Recruiting and training volunteers to implement a data-driven field plan encompassing voter contact, volunteer recruitment, grassroots development, and GOTV goals
- Building and expanding organizational efforts behind candidates that are living, breathing, and fully operational. Regional Field Directors should cultivate volunteer team leaders and should empower volunteers throughout the district to be contributing members to the cause of the campaign
- Implementing a field plan that is specific to the districts you are working in and that is designed to give the candidates a strategic path to victory
- Promote leadership at every level of the campaign, with an eye towards building sustainable and permanent grassroots activism
- Regional Field Directors report directly to the SDCC Field Director
- An organizing mindset and the ability to think critically and creatively problem solve
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize work based on timelines and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Strong willingness to learn organizing and field skills from SDCC staff; training provided
- Experience with Excel, Google documents, Word, and other office programs
- Experience with campaign fieldwork preferred
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and/or access to reliable transportation
This position is full-time and goes until November 8, 2022 (the day after the general election). Applicants must be comfortable with long and/or irregular hours and travel.
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, and more.
Send resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references to Tonianne Beals, SDCC Field Director at Tonianne@mainesdcc.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and we intend to fill the position as soon as possible. Please use “Regional Field Director” as the subject.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.