The Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee (SDCC), a full-time political organization dedicated to building a Democratic majority in the Maine Senate, seeks an experienced Finance Director to manage our fundraising program to help us protect and expand our majority in 2022.
This is a senior staff position reporting directly to the SDCC Executive Director. The Finance Director would work with campaign staff, Senate leadership, and Senate members to develop and implement a finance plan for the 2022 campaign cycle.
The Finance Director will lead the caucus’ fundraising and development goals that include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and execute strategic finance plan which includes events, principal call time, low-dollar online solicitations, & direct mail
- Utilize metrics to continually improve the effectiveness of the fundraising plan
- Manage principal call time and other activities to hit targets and deadlines
- Plan, build, and staff fundraising events for the SDCC and Senators
- Execute and manage donor research and expand principal’s new donor networks
- Manage all pledge and correspondence follow up
- Work closely with compliance staff
- Minimum 1 cycle of statewide, congressional, large municipal, or legislative campaign finance experience, or equivalent development-related experience
- Event planning experience
- Working knowledge of NGP and Excel
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of state campaign and ethics finance law
- Donor prospecting and research experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized, ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Pay & Benefits:
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, and more. Salary is between $50,000-$60,000. Must be able to work with long, irregular hours, and travel frequently around Maine. Employees should expect to live and work on the ground in Maine no later than February 2022.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and we intend to fill the position as soon as possible. Send resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references to Lily Herrmann, SDCC Executive Director at email@example.com. Please use “Finance Director” as the subject.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.