The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is seeking a Municipal Organizer to oversee the MDP’s local elections program. Having Democrats run and win in municipal elections is essential to the success of promoting Democratic policies and values around the state. In addition, local municipal officers help us build up a bench of strong candidates to run up and down the ticket. The Municipal Organizer will focus on these municipal elections, and will conduct extensive research, relationship building, and direct candidate support.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Conduct thorough research of all statewide municipal elections, including tracking election dates, candidate information, and filing deadlines
- Work directly with Democratic county and municipal committee leaders to facilitate candidate recruitment
- Foster relationships with progressive allies in order to better coordinate on municipal candidate recruitment and support
- Oversee the MDP’s relationship with Contest Every Race
- Conduct MDP’s Run Local trainings to give municipal candidates the tools they need to win elections
- Offer field support (phone banking and canvassing) to municipal candidates as needed
- Work with the Data Director to ensure municipal candidates receive VAN access and VAN trainings
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ cycles of experience on a political campaign preferred
- Experience working in VAN preferred
- Experience in setting and achieving measurable target, managing teams, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and meet established timelines
- Ability to train and instruct volunteers
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics
The salary for this position is between $35,000 and $40,000. The position includes a generous benefits package consisting of employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and their dependents, as well as a 401k after six months of employment.
To apply, please submit this Google Form.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.