Finance Director - Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee
The Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee (SDCC) is a political organization dedicated to protecting and expanding our Democratic majority in the Maine Senate. In 2016, we tied with two other states for the most Democratic State Senate pickups in the country. In 2018, we took back the Senate and elected the largest Democratic majority in 30 years. Now as we look ahead to 2020, we’re looking to hire a Finance Director to manage our fundraising program.
The Finance Director will lead the candidates’ fundraising and development goals that include, but are not limited to:
● Manage and execute strategic finance plan which includes events, principal call time, low dollar online solicitations and direct mail
● Manage principal call time and other activities to hit raise targets and deadlines
● Execute and manage donor research and expand principal’s new donor networks
● Manage follow up on all correspondence and pledges
● Work closely with compliance staff
● 2+ cycles of campaign finance experience, previous statewide or congressional campaign finance experience or equivalent
● Must have event planning experience
● Knowledge of NGP and Excel
● Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
● Working knowledge of state campaign and ethics finance law
● Donor prospecting and research experience preferred
● Prior experience with targeting contributors and follow up management
● Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
● Time management skills are a must
● Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Compensation:Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, please email email@example.com with "Finance Director Application" in the title along with your cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Applications are due June 30th. For questions, please call Executive Director Julia Brown 207-841-3295.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.