Basic information about the MDP’s Delegate Selection Plan, Caucuses, and State Convention
- Maine will have 32 delegates and two alternates to the Democratic National Convention.
- The presidential primary will be March 5, 2024, by RCV.
- Results from the primary will determine the number of national delegates each presidential candidate will have.
Twenty four delegates will be elected according to the presidential primary vote, and eight will be automatic.
Municipal and Regional Caucuses
- Will be held Feb. 3 or 4, 2024.
- State convention delegates and alternates will be elected without a presidential preference.
- The local and county parties will fill vacancies, with last-minute vacancies filled by the Credentials Committee.
- Will be May 31 and June 1, 2024, at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor.
- National delegate candidates will file by May 17, 2024, listing their presidential preference.
- State convention delegates will declare their presidential preference as they register.
- National delegates will be elected by each congressional district, and statewide.
- DNC members will be elected, county parties will elect their DSC members, and a platform will be adopted.
Delegate Selection Plan
Read the final version of the 2024 Delegate Selection Plan here.
This page will be updated.