The Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee (SDCC), a full-time political organization dedicated to building a Democratic majority in the Maine Senate, seeks an experienced Field Director to run an aggressive grassroots operation to help us protect and expand our majority in 2020. The Maine Senate was a top targeted chamber in 2018, and remains an important battleground in 2020.
The Field Director will work directly with the Executive Director to develop a field plan, manage candidate programs, implement reporting structure, and coordinate multiple senate campaigns.
The Field Director will be responsible for overseeing the 2020 field program for targeted legislative candidates. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the field program;
- Working with candidates on messaging and communication;
- Managing a staff of 6-8 Regional Field Directors;
- Drafting and implementing general field plan;
- Helping candidates meet volunteer and voter ID goals;
- Creating a goal-driven and dependent campaign structure for each race;
- Working with candidates on other field activities, as needed;
- Any other campaign-related tasks, as needed.
- At least two campaign cycles of field experience on a statewide or congressional campaign;
- At least one campaign cycle managing staff;
- Experience managing some aspect of a GOTV operation;
- Experience with VAN/VoteBuilder;
- Extensive experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets;
- Good interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience. Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours, and frequent travel. Start date is on or before December 15.
Email application with “Field Director” in subject line to Julia Brown, SDCC Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must include cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and at least three references. Applications will be accepted until November 20th, 2019. For questions, please call 207-841-3295.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.