Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee - Deputy Director The Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee (SDCC) is a political organization dedicated to protecting and expanding our Democratic majority in the Maine Senate.
In 2016, we tied with two other states for the most Democratic State Senate pickups in the country. In 2018, we took back the Senate and elected the largest Democratic majority in 30 years. Now as we look ahead to 2020, we’re looking to hire a Deputy Director to manage our fundraising and organizing program and assist the Executive Director with candidate recruitment and management. This would be a full-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director and lasting until the end of the 2020 election.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Working directly with our 21 incumbent Democratic Senators and recruited Democratic 2020 Maine Senate candidates
● Managing budget and hard side communications for candidates
● Working with our consultant team to design and implement engaging direct mail, communications and digital advertising plans for Democratic Maine Senate candidates in 2020
● Assisting to build our fall 2019 voter contact program
● Assisting the Executive Director in candidate research and recruitment
● Assisting in call time, event fundraising, and writing fundraising emails
● An organizing mindset and the ability to think critically and creatively problem solve
● Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work based on timelines and priorities
● Excellent interpersonal skills and an affinity for collaborative working environments
● Self-motivation and the ability to set goals and hold yourself accountable to hitting them
● At least 2 cycles of campaign experience and at least one cycle of experience managing a statewide organizing program
● Strong management instincts and an effective management philosophy
● Strong familiarity with VAN and NGP databases
● Familiarity with campaign fundraising practices
● Passion for and familiarity with Maine and Maine politics
● Excellent project management skills with the ability to stay on top of multiple projects, plan and anticipate obstacles, involve stakeholders and partners and use all resources wisely
Working conditions: This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director. Health, dental and vision insurance included in benefits package. This position will involve long and irregular hours as well as extensive statewide travel.
Salary will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
This role is best for an independently motivated individual who is ready to get their hands dirty in all aspects of campaign work from recruitment, digital, field, and fundraising. It is a great learning opportunity for any political worker looking to take the next step in their career.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Deputy Director Application" in the title along with your cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Applications are due June 30th. For questions, please call Executive Director Julia Brown 207-841-3295.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.