Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Assist with the procurement and operational needs of all new MDP/Coordinated offices.
- Support the Executive Director, Coordinated Campaign Director, and Finance Director with systems maintenance, projects, and events.
- Assist state committees and subcommittees with meetings and events.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of state party grassroots efforts.
- Manage volunteer recruitment and required documentation of the volunteer exempt mail program.
- Manage and support volunteers as needed, in order to assist with state party meetings and other events.
- Archive and maintain non-financial documents related to state party business.
- Perform other administrative tasks as requested by either the Executive or Coordinated Director.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Commitment to Democratic principles and Party
- Applicants must be organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented team player with the ability to juggle multiple roles
- Customer service-oriented; great phone presence a must
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to maintain calm and positive demeanor under pressure
- Ability to navigate many different types of personalities
- Relationship-building and volunteer management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; knowledge of VAN preferred.
This position reports directly to the MDP Finance Director and the Coordinated Campaign Director, and is based in our South Portland HQ. This position runs through November 3, 2020. Competitive salary and employer-paid health insurance.
How to Apply:
- To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references at the link here. Applications submitted via email or improperly submitted will not be accepted.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.