The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is hiring a Distributed Organizing Manager to help design and implement our distributed organizing program in coordination with the statewide Field Director. Between now and November 2020, our distributed organizing program will engage volunteers in remote parts of the state and help build an empowered statewide community of activists working to support our 2020 candidates up and down the ticket. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to electing Maine Democrats.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Work with the statewide Field Director to develop a comprehensive distributed organizing plan;
- Work with the statewide Field Director to develop and run volunteer training webinars;
- Build productive relationships with volunteers across the state and help establish a community of empowered and engaged Democratic activists;
- Train and cultivate distributed volunteer leaders to manage aspects of the distributed program;
- Manage and track participation in distributed voter contact efforts including phone banks and text banks;
- Amplify MDP message by cultivating online communities through social media;
- Coordinate with allied organizations offering distributed volunteer resources;
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics;
- At least one cycle of electoral organizing experience or at least one year of community organizing experience;
- Experience as a distributed organizer (desired, but not required);
- Working knowledge of and experience with VAN (desired, but not required);
- Strong communications and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and manage multiple tasks;
- Experience writing and executing successful, engaging trainings;
- Deadline and results-driven leader;
The Distributed Organizing Manager will report to the Coordinated Campaign Field Director. The salary for this position is $45,000 a year and comes with a generous benefits package. This is a full-time position through November 2020. If you have questions, please email Mx. Woodbury at email@example.com with “Distributed Organizing Manager” in the subject line.
How to Apply:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.