The Maine Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign seeks an experienced political compliance or HR professional to work in conjunction with the Maine Democratic Party’s Finance Director. The Finance Director currently performs all of the duties listed below and the successful applicant would take over a selection of the listed duties from the Finance Director based on experience.
FEC and State Compliance
- Manage state disclosure for non-federal independent expenditures. This includes tracking spending and filing 24-hour reports when applicable.
- Coordinate and manage our volunteer exempt mailing program in compliance with FEC regulations.
- Manage, track, and report on contributions and spending for Joint Fundraising Agreements.
- Work with our federal and non-federal council to ensure our compliance with state and federal law.
Operations and Human Resources
- Manage vendor contracts and payments, and accounts payable.
- Manage payroll and help onboard new employees.
- Check mail and process deposits.
- Manage staff reimbursements.
- Manage HR trainings for staff and management.
Regardless of how the job duties are distributed the successful applicant will:
- Work closely with the Coordinated Campaign Director and the MDP Finance Director to track and evaluate spending compared to the budget.
- Be expected to take on additional tasks pertaining to Political Compliance or the financial operation of the Coordinated Campaign.
We’re seeking a detail-oriented, self-starter who can handle multiple projects concurrently.
- In-depth understanding of Federal and State of Maine campaign finance laws.
- At least a cycle of experience in political/nonprofit compliance, human resources, or accounts payable.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and facility with databases required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects at the same time.
- The ability to work collaboratively with staff, consultants and campaigns.
- Ability to work long days and irregular hours.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Political experience in Maine preferred but not required.
Term of Employment
Through November 2020.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $55,000, commensurate on the quality and breadth of experience the successful candidate brings to the table, and includes a generous benefits package.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three (3) references here. Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Compliance Director/HR Director” in the subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.