Maine Democratic Party Voter File Manager
The Maine Democratic Party seeks a Voter File Manager to manage the day-to-day voter file needs of the State Party, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activists. The position will work across departments and with the DNC to build successful campaigns. We encourage applicants with political campaign experience to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Day-to-day management of users and committees in VoteBuilder;
- Developing and implementing a training program for VoteBuilder statewide in conjunction with the Field Department
- Maintaining an inventory of all data assets;
- Creating and maintaining survey questions, activist codes, and other VoteBuilder infrastructure;
- Creating all shared searches and targets;
- Maintaining the State Party My Campaign database;
- Providing timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround;
- Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses;
- Collecting raw political data from County Boards of Elections and other sources and converting it to a usable form for analysis; scrubbing and matching acquired lists back to the voter file (VoteBuilder, Catalyst or offline).
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- At least two cycles of prior campaign experience preferred;
- Demonstrated data analysis and writing skills, preferably in a political environment;
- Ability to plan and manage time-sensitive projects with competing needs;
- Working knowledge of statistical models, precinct targeting, etc. is beneficial;
- Knowledge and familiarity with VAN;
- Knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables;
- Knowledge of Access (or other SQL database) including creating queries and manipulating large data sets;
- Familiarity with GIS preferred but not required;
- Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports;
- Strong attention to detail, including the accuracy of data entry;
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively;
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting;
- Excellent customer service skills;
The Voter File Manager will report to the Executive Director. Salary is dependent on experience and is in the $40,000-$47,000 range. Generous benefits offered.
How to Apply:
- Follow instructions at the link here.
- Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.