The Maine Democratic Party is seeking a Political Affairs and Training intern to help us strengthen our Party for the fight in 2020. The Political Affairs & Training intern will work closely with senior staff to implement several programs integral to the long-term success of the Democratic Party. Major areas of responsibility will include:
- Maintaining the elections database and working with Democratic Party chairs to notify them of elections, and assist them with recruitment, and candidate support
- Reviewing, updating, and improving internal and external training materials
- Assist in creating new training materials
- Communicate with other organizations within the Democratic Party structure, and allies, to coordinate efforts
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Democratic Party
- Access to a computer and reliable transportation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
This position is unpaid, but offers valuable experience and school credit. The schedule is 20 hours a week, based primarily out of our Augusta office, with some remote work from our Portland office a possibility. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) references here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.