The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is hiring Field Organizers to implement our statewide field operation. Between now and Nov. 2020, our field program will be crucial for building our volunteer base, utilizing new and innovative tools and technology to reach voters, and working to empower local communities in order to deliver Democratic victories. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to helping elect Maine Democrats.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Recruit, develop and train volunteer teams and leaders;
- Support volunteers and interns to develop organizing skills and build capacity;
- Build for events to recruit volunteers, spread our message, and foster community relationships;
- Help execute extensive voter contact operation, such as text banks, phone banks, to maintain and expand on our 2018 victories;
- Mobilize supporters and amplify MDP message by creating online communities through social media;
- Work directly with county and municipal Democratic organizations;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with local Democratic partners, allied organizations, and resistance groups.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics;
- At least one cycle of experience as a field organizer (applicants with rural organizing experience are encouraged to apply);
- Extensive relationship-building and volunteer management experience;
- Working knowledge of and experience with VAN (desired, but not required);
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and manage multiple tasks;
- Experience organizing and executing successful, engaging trainings;
- Deadline and results-driven leader;
- Ability to work effectively with regional and local leaders;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit a resume here. Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.