The Maine Democratic Party is seeking a Field intern who is excited about electing Democrats in Maine and who is ready to learn how to do it. Field intern candidates are expected to actively participate in volunteer recruitment, phone banks, canvasses, and direct voter outreach trainings. Interns must be self-starters, passionate, solutions-oriented, and hard working. More than anything else, a commitment to making change is imperative.
- You will help build neighborhood volunteer teams, organize events, and assist in tasks that advance the Democratic mission.
- You will learn community organizing best practices, digital organizing, and the nuts and bolts of campaign work.
- You will be provided opportunities for professional development and to actively participate in campaign activity.
- Participate in periodic trainings offered by the MDP staff
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Helping coordinate activity in the office and community
- Developing relationships with volunteer leadership
- Participating in volunteer meetings, phonebanks, and canvasses
- Entering data from event participation
- Engaging voters and volunteers through volunteer recruitment
- Using social media to amplify our field efforts
We look for the following qualities in strong candidates have the following qualities:
- Willingness to learn
- Sense of humor
- Positive attitude and self-starter
- Goal oriented
- Commitment to collaboration
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new things
- Excitement about Democratic politics
- Able to excel both independently and as part of a team
This position is unpaid, but offers valuable experience and school credit. The schedule is 20 hours a week. Participants will organize in their home communities, so we encourage you to apply no matter where you live. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) references here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.