The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is seeking a Digital Manager to support the MDP’s digital operations aimed at elevating Maine Democrats up and down the ballot. The individual will develop, implement, and oversee digital and social media communication, video production, graphic design, digital infrastructure management, and website updates. This individual will also play an important role in planning the 2022 Caucus and State Convention.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Generating videos, graphics, and other content to be shared on social media and other digital platforms.
- Working with the Executive Director and Communications Director to design and implement a robust organic social media strategy with a goal of increasing constituent outreach and interaction
- Providing digital support for the 2022 Caucus and State Convention
- Creating and leading trainings for volunteers to improve social media engagement
- Cultivating and maintaining an online presence to elevate the work done by Democrats in Maine
- Using social media to maximize engagement with MDP’s online constituency
- Monitoring impact of digital work by producing digestible reports of online metrics and trends on an ongoing basis
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with graphic design for social media and proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar software
- Experience with video editing for web ideally on Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, iMovie, or similar software
- Ability to create persuasive visual communications for use in online content, visual presentations, written reports, etc.
- The ability to work independently and in team settings
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to work in a highly challenging, complex and fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to principles of equity and inclusion, experience and skills for working effectively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Experience working on or volunteering for political campaigns is a plus.
The Digital Manager will report to the Communications Director. Salary is dependent on experience and is in the $45,000 - 50,000 range. Generous benefits offered. This position will run through the November 2022 election.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references using this Google Forms link:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.