The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Development Director. This is a full-time leadership position, reporting to the Executive Director. This position works closely with the other department directors and Chair to effectively raise, report, and acknowledge the funds that support the MDP and our electoral programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, call time management, donor research, online fundraising, and direct mail. The Development Director will create and execute strategic fundraising plans and meet performance milestones. Additionally, they will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise the necessary funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning and executing events and other fundraising activities, developing and monitoring call time, executing on direct mail, digital, and other small dollar fundraising programs, building and maintaining donor relationships, and making direct solicitations of state and local donors through multiple channels and media. Additionally, they will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise funds. This position is highly collaborative and crucial to the MDP achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels in 2022 and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Working with Party leadership and staff to create and implement a short and longer-term fundraising/financial plan for the Party that defines financial needs and develops new and existing revenue streams.
- Managing and executing events and all other activities related to fundraising.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of donor database and conducting research on new and potential contributors.
- Raise funds through personal call time and staffing Officers and Executive Director during call time.
- Develop and implement a small dollar fundraising plan using email, text, and direct mail.
- Be a resource for Democratic County Parties, elected officials, and candidates on fundraising strategy and reporting.
- Manage donor acknowledgement, including timely thank you letters, and tracking outgoing letters.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years prior fundraising experience – political preferred
- Experience managing staff preferred
- Prior experience with targeting contributors and follow up management
- Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small
- Social media skills
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills – the ability to speak persuasively in a charged atmosphere;
- A strong commitment to Democratic ideals and issues
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and NGP
- Starting Salary range: $57,000-$60,000
How to Apply:
- To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references at the link here: https://forms.gle/Mtgmc3DFw8fJRUfa9
- Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.