The Maine Democratic Party Coordinated Campaign is seeking a Voter Protection Director to ensure that all eligible Mainers are able to cast their ballot. Our right to vote is fundamental to all that we hope to accomplish; the Voter Protection Director is a crucial role that will develop, implement, and manage a robust voter protection program, ensuring free and fair elections in Maine.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Work across the state to develop proactive strategies to expand access to voting, including through legislation, executive action, public campaigns, and lobbying county and state-level officials, and considering improvements to voter registration, ballot access, and ballot counting.
- Work with County Liaisons and other partners, collaborate with appropriate parties at every level of government to implement reforms ahead of the 2022 Election.
- Identify potential threats to the franchise and mobilize a coordinated response within the Party, including communications and press.
- Build and manage a statewide Voter Protection Committee.
- Ensure that the Voter Protection Hotline provides top-quality service to voters year-round by supervising trainings, operations, reporting, and issue resolution.
- Design and supervise the execution of poll watcher programs for Elections.
- Advocate for campaign-initiated practices that expand voting, such as mailing absentee ballot applications directly to voters.
- Serve as a statewide resource and point person for questions relating to voter suppression, intimidation, or efforts aimed at disenfranchising voters of Maine.
- Demonstrated ability to stand up large-scale, diverse volunteer organizations that effectively deliver results by motivating and holding volunteers accountable for their goals.
- A track record of achieving wins through working with government officials and maneuvering complicated political situations.
- Adept at using data to inform strategy development, monitor progress to goal, and report on and analyze outcomes, including familiarity with VAN/Votebuilder, LBJ, Excel, and other tools.
- Possess strong legal analysis skills and experience using the law to advance the goals of your client. Creative problem-solver who sees opportunity for novel interpretations and challenges to existing, as well as interest and ability to propose new regulations.
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and leading the execution of multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex and diverse teams to achieve ambitious results.
- Clearly and consistently articulates a sophisticated understanding of racial equity and structural racism as it relates to the work we do and how we operate internally. Organizes from a racial justice perspective, with emphasis on voter suppression’s disproportionate impact on communities of color.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position through the 2022 November election. Salary ranges from $57,000 - $70,000 commensurate on the quality and breadth of experience the successful candidate brings to the table, and includes a generous benefits package. To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references into the google form application.
Please send questions to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.