The Maine Democratic Party is seeking a Field Director to develop and manage our election-year statewide coordinated field program. The Field Director will oversee multiple Deputy Field Directors and dozens of Field Organizers during the election cycle.
Between now and November 2022, our field program will be crucial for empowering our local communities to deliver Democratic victories, building and training our volunteer base, and organizing in support of our 2022 candidates up and down the ticket. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to electing Maine Democrats.
This position reports to the Coordinated Campaign Director.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- 2+ cycles of experience at a statewide or Congressional level as a Field Director, Deputy, or Regional Field Director
- Experience recruiting, hiring, training, and managing field staff
- Experience writing data-driven field plans
- Experience tracking and measuring progress to goals and analyzing effectiveness
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with VoteBuilder (VAN)
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks
- Deadline and results-driven leader
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train and manage field staff
- Write and execute a data-driven field plan
- Manage overall field operations, tracking performance to goals
- Motivate field staff to meet goals, including establishing accountability systems in the field to ensure that campaign goals are met
- Collaborate with Data Director to gather and integrate into the Voter File the best available analytics, modeling, and voter-identification information
- Plan and execute ID, persuasion, and absentee programs
- Train County chairs, Volunteers, and Organizers on various organizing skills, building the skills of our core supporters across the state
- Attend local events to recruit volunteers, talk about MDP, and build community relationships
- Ensure that all metrics related to field activities are properly tracked
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references here.
Salary is dependent on experience and is in the $65,000 - $75,000 range. Generous benefits offered. This position is based in Maine and will run through the November 2022 election. The Maine Democratic Party staff is unionized and proud to be represented by IBEW Local Union #1837 for collective bargaining.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.