This position would be charged with developing and managing the 2020 Maine Coordinated Campaign. Starting salary for this position is commensurate with experience and includes health, vision and dental insurance.
The Coordinated Campaign Director will, under the direction of the MDP Coordinated Campaign Steering Committee (CCSC) and the MDP Chair and Executive Director:
- assist in the drafting of the Coordinated Campaign plan and budget for the CCSC approval;
- manage the statewide Coordinated Campaign, and offer coordination and support to partnering candidates and their campaigns;
- execute the Coordinated Campaign plan, as approved by the CCSC, and recommend to the CCSC any necessary or prudent refinement to the plan;
- assist the Chair, Executive Director, and Finance Director to effectively communicate the goals and objectives of the Plan to donors, party leaders, and other stakeholders;
- organize and supervise the CC’s voter-contact programs, including but not limited to voter-identification, voter-registration, and get-out-the-vote drives;
- hire and supervise the CC’s field staff with direction from CCSC and local party officials;
- work with the Voter File Manager on gathering and integrating into the voter file the best available voter-identification information;
- negotiate and manage vendor contracts for paid services;
- foster relationships with national organizations (i.e. DSCC, DCCC, DNC, and national allied organization) that financially and strategically support the Plan’s goals and objectives;
- advise each affected CC Partner about their candidate’s needs and, where appropriate, how the Coordinated Campaign can better serve those needs; and
- perform such other duties as the CCSC, MDP Chair, or Executive Director assigns.
All levels of management:
- Coordinated Campaign Committee
- Executive Director
- Communications Director
- Finance Director
- Executive Board
- Legal Team
- Party Leaders
- Elected Officials
Term of Employment
1 year (through November 2020)
- Comprehensive understanding of political campaign principles and tactics.
- 3+ years experience in campaign management for a statewide or federal campaign preferred
- Ability to develop, propose and implement a campaign budget
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of Federal and State of Maine campaign finance laws
- Strong experience with contract management and vendors
- Strong experience with electoral strategies in persuasion universes
- Experience working with elected officials and candidates
- Relationships with allied organizations – labor, constituency groups, etc.
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work long days and irregular hours
- Knowledge of Maine politics a must
- Positive, energetic attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please submit your application here, including your resume, cover letter and three (3) references. For questions, please email Lisa Roberts, email@example.com, with “Coordinated Campaign Director” in the subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.