The Maine Democratic Party is seeking a Communications Intern to assist with all aspects of our communications strategy. The intern will get hands-on experience working with the comms team on policy issues, voter outreach, and social media.
- Taking initiative on our letter to the editor drive;
- Researching current events and issues as they pertain to Maine politics;
- Researching topics relevant to the 2020 election;
- Monitoring social media for rapid response opportunities;
- Drafting copy for social media content, newsletters, press releases and other media materials;
- Assisting in comms strategy planning and execution;
- Supporting the comms team on day-to-day tasks as they come up.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience with social media;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced team environment;
- Commitment to work 20 hours/week in either our Augusta or Portland locations.
The schedule is 20 hours a week, based primarily out of our Augusta office, with some remote work from our Portland office a possibility. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) references here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.