The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is hiring Grassroots Organizers to implement our statewide field operation. Between now and November 2020, our field program will be crucial for building and training our volunteer base, organizing in support of our 2020 candidates up and down the ticket, and working to empower local communities to deliver Democratic victories. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to electing Maine Democrats.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Execute voter contact efforts, such as phone banks, canvasses, and voter registration;
- Recruit, develop and train volunteer teams and leaders;
- Coordinate activity at your office;
- Work directly with county and municipal Democratic organizations;
- Support all levels of volunteer structure to develop organizing skills and build capacity;
- Attend local events to recruit volunteers, spread our message, and build community relationships;
- Amplify MDP message by creating online communities through social media;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with local Democratic partners, allied organizations, and resistance groups.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics;
- Campaign experience as a field organizer preferred, but not required (applicants with rural organizing or digital/remote organizing experience are especially encouraged to apply);
- Extensive relationship-building and volunteer management experience;
- Working knowledge of and experience with VAN (desired, but not required);
- Strong communications and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and manage multiple tasks;
- Experience organizing and executing successful, engaging trainings;
- Deadline and results-driven leader;
- Ability to work effectively with regional and local leaders;
- Access to reliable transportation;
- Fluency in multiple languages (desired but not required)
Grassroots Organizers will report to Regional Field Directors and the Coordinated Campaign Field Director. The salary for this position is $36,000 a year and comes with a generous benefits package. This is a full-time (40 hour) position through November 2020. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinated Grassroots Organizer” in the subject line.
How to Apply:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.