The Maine Democratic Party is seeking Field Interns who are excited to elect Democrats in Maine and are ready to learn how we make it happen. Field Intern candidates are expected to actively participate in volunteer recruitment, phone banks, canvasses, and direct voter outreach trainings. Interns must be self-starters, passionate, solutions-oriented, and hard working. More than anything else, we’re looking for a commitment to making change.
- You will help build neighborhood volunteer teams, organize events, and assist in tasks that advance the Democratic Party’s mission.
- You will learn community organizing best practices, digital organizing, and the nuts and bolts of campaign work.
- You will be provided opportunities for professional development and to actively participate in the day to day activities of a campaign.
- You will participate and assist in periodic trainings offered by the MDP staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Helping coordinate field work in the office and the community.
- Developing relationships with volunteer leadership and local party committees.
- Participating in volunteer meetings, phonebanks, and canvasses.
- Ensuring that the data gathered by our field work gets entered promptly and accurately.
- Engaging voters and volunteers through volunteer recruitment.
- Using social media to amplify our field efforts.
We look for the following qualities in strong candidates have the following qualities:
- Willingness to learn
- Sense of humor
- Positive attitude and self starter
- Goal oriented
- Commitment to collaboration
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new things
- Excitement about Democratic politics
- Ability to excel both independently and as part of a team
This position is a paid opportunity and offers valuable experience and school credit. The schedule is 20 hours a week at a rate of $15/hour. Interns must live and work in Maine.
To apply, please submit your resume and two (2) references here.This position will run through the November 2022 election. The Maine Democratic Party staff is unionized and proud to be represented by IBEW Local Union #1837 for collective bargaining
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.