The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is seeking a Development Assistant for the 2021- 2022 election cycle. The Development Assistant will be responsible for collaborating with the Development Director, volunteers, and other MDP staff to help meet the Maine Democratic Party’s fundraising goals. The Development Assistant will be a key member of a small fundraising team that will ensure a strong Democratic Party here in Maine throughout the 2022 election cycle. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to helping elect Maine Democrats.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Support the Development Director with donor cultivation, fundraising, events, direct mail, call time, and email campaigns
- Staff call time for volunteers and principals
- Manage and track data in NGP to ensure updated and reliable information
- Assist with planning and staffing fundraising events
- Be proactive in donor research and cultivation
- Recruit and manage volunteers to help with large scale mailings
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics and Maine
- At least one cycle of experience in some level of politics or 1+ years experience with fundraising in a non-political role
- Experience with relationship-building and volunteer management
- Working knowledge of and experience with Google Docs & Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communications and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and manage multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills a must, comfort in connecting with people in person and over the phone
- Experience organizing, staffing, and leading events
- Deadline and results-driven
- Team player with a sense of humor and ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Preferred: knowledge and experience with NGP and ActBlue.
The Development Assistant will report to the Development Director. Salary is dependent on experience and is in the $37,000 - 40,000 range. Generous benefits offered. This position will run through the November 2022 election.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references using this Google Form link.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.