The 2022 Municipal Caucuses are on Sunday, March 6 and we could not be more excited.
What are Municipal Caucuses? Local gatherings where every Dem in town is invited to help elect the leaders who drive our State Party for the next two years.
One of the great things about our caucuses is that anybody can run for local party leadership - and that means YOU could! We certainly hope you’d consider throwing your hat in the ring.
Yes. It’s a Big Deal. And it’s a whole lot of fun! We hear all the time that folks feel like caucus is the perfect antidote to the gray and the cold of March.
If you’re new to Municipal Caucuses or need a refresher, here’s how it works.
When you arrive, you’ll get to:
- Meet candidates for local, county, and state office
- Hear from terrific guest speakers
- Signup to help out Dems in your town - and there are so many great ways to help!
When the caucuses officially begin, you’ll vote on several key Party positions:
- Municipal Committee officers
- Democratic County Committee members to represent each town
- Democratic Election Clerks to work at local polls
- Delegates to the Maine Democratic State Convention (which is the highest governing authority in the Party)
You also can join your Municipal Committee, which is the grassroots of our party and instrumental in everything from GOTV to candidate recruitment to voter protection, and much more. Mark your calendars for March 6 now!